Kate the Great Day 2012 Details
It’s that time of year again folks! Kate the Great Day is nearly upon us and this year their are a couple significant changes. The scratch tickets are still in affect but this year Kate will be bottled in 330ml (11.16 oz) bottles, allowing for more of it to be sold. Check below for the latest details. Also, for fun, if you didn’t see my video of me scratching my tickets, check out that video below.
Kate Day 2012, by the Numbers (Full Details)
- Date: March 5 !
- This year’s batch size: 14 barrels (420 gallons)
- Number of bottles available for purchase: 2,000 (last year, 900)
- Size of a bottle: 330ml (11.16 oz)
- Price of a bottle: $8
- Date scratch tickets go on sale: ABOUT three weeks before Kate Day.
- Number of scratch tickets available for purchase: 15,000 (last year, 10,000)
- Price of a scratch ticket: $2
- Funds raised through scratch ticket sales, to be contributed to charity: up to $30,000 (depending on number of scratch tickets sold)
- Odds of obtaining a winning ticket: 1 in 7.5 (last year, 1 in 11)
- Time the Brewery opens on Kate Day: 11:00 AM.
- Time Kate is tapped: around 11:30 AM.
- Time Kate runs out: That depends on you.
For more information on KTG Day and other events head over to www.PortsmouthBeerWeek.com